DIY Mercury Glass!What you need:
Krylon Looking Glass spray paint
|everything you need for DIY Mercury Glass.|
I picked up a slew of glass items at the thrift store for about $5 bucks.
|old glass ware....under 5 bucks.|
- Mix together equal amount of vinegar and water in a spritzer bottle.
- Take your pick of what you want to try first.
- Spritz with vinegar water mixture. Just enough so there are bubbles. NOT dripping! Very important there are no dripping! This will cause streaks.
- Lightly and evenly spray a coat of the Looking Glass spray paint on the item. Let it dry for about 1 minute.
- Take a paper towel and blot it lightly.
- Repeat steps 3-5 one or two more times depending on the thickness you want. You will get the idea quick!
And for those of us that like photos with our instructions here they are: (they are actually kinda worth it!)
Pick your glassware & spritz with vinegar & water mixture.
Lightly spray with looking glass spray paint.
LIGHTLY I said!
Laugh about something probably only-funny-to-you with your friends.
Blot blot blot. Blot some more.
Then repeat the steps at least once more.
Make sure you get all sides!
Wayne Wonder video...
AND YOU ARE DONE!
Have you ever attempted DIY mercury glass?
Any tips you'd like to add?